All* Above All is a catalyst for abortion justice. We envision a world where abortion care is affordable, available, and supported for everyone who needs it.
How we do it
We build momentum and power by sharing tools, resources and expertise with national, state and local partners.
We shift culture, narrative and public perceptions on issues of abortion.
We move proactive abortion policy at the local, state and federal levels.
We bring partners together to build strength within and across movements.
All* Above All was launched in 2013 as a women of color-led effort to restore and sustain public insurance coverage of abortion. In a few short years, we changed the game by educating policymakers and the public about the harm of these bans, especially for those unable to make ends meet. Working with our 130 organizational partners, we’ve been an accelerator for success across the country, including:
- Introduction of the EACH Woman Act in the U.S. House and Senate.
- Collaborating with Illinois, Maine, and Oregon advocates to lift bans or expand insurance coverage for abortion.
- Sparking cities like Boston, Travis County, and Durham to declare their support for coverage, and others like Austin and New York City to dedicate local funds.
- Ensuring that elected officials from city halls to the White House are committed to ending coverage bans.
- Partnering with economic justice organizations like One Fair Wage to support and pass the D.C. $15 per hour wage increase.
- Increasing public support for lifting the Hyde Amendment to an all-time high of 62%
After years of bold work that centers people of color working to make ends meet, All* Above All expanded its mission and scope in 2021 beyond insurance coverage of abortion to other abortion access issues and strategies.
As we continue our work to lift abortion coverage bans, we are taking take on more issues as a catalyst for abortion justice nationwide. We know that race, economic insecurity, and immigration status can multiply the already-massive barriers to abortion care–and that true abortion justice must incorporate racial, economic, and immigrant justice.
We continue to empower a new generation to be bold and take action with our uplifting approach, our cross-movement work, and our digital and grassroots strategies — to ensure that abortion care is there for all of us when we need it.
Steering Committee member, Executive Director, All Options
Steering Committee Member, Executive Director, National LGBTQ Task Force
Steering Committee member, Executive Director, National Network of Abortion Funds
Steering Committee member, President & CEO, National Women’s Law Center