For decades, people of color, young people, and those working to make ends meet have known that the right to an abortion isn’t enough to ensure access. We need solutions that go beyond legality to ensure abortion is available and affordable without barriers based on who we are, where we are from, or how much we earn. We’re calling on state and federal officials to take BOLD action for Abortion Justice now. We call for solutions to ensure that:
- Abortion care is available without hurdles or stigma for people of color working to make ends meet, young folks, LGBTQ and non-binary people.
- Abortion care is accessible for immigrants without fear of deportation or detention.
- Abortion care is available in the communities where we live.
- Abortion care, especially medication abortion, is provided in ways that make sense for people who need care.
- Abortion care is covered by all public and private health insurance plans.
Abortion justice can’t wait.