Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, holds extreme views that don’t represent the majority of people in this country. He would also certainly advance Trump and Pence’s agenda of punishment and shame on abortion, immigration, and workers’ rights. Here’s what we know about Judge Kavanaugh:
- Trump said his short list of potential nominees would only include people who would gut Roe v. Wade;
- He ruled in favor of the Trump Administration’s attempts to block Jane Doe, a young immigrant woman, from getting an abortion;
- He has voted to allow a boss’ religious beliefs to override an individual’s right to insurance coverage of birth control;
- He argued in favor of a claim that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional; and
- In employment discrimination cases, he has sided against employees and in favor of companies time and time again.
Now is the time for everyone to speak out and show up. It will take every one of us – advocates, organizers, service providers, artists, clinics, abortion funds, and more, to fight for the future our communities need to thrive.
TELL YOUR SENATORS TO REJECT JUDGE KAVANAUGH